Miles of Smiles

Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  We went out yesterday and picked 40 pounds of blueberries!!  Woohoo!!  Big plans for those babies :)
Then we stopped into a friends house and spent a few hours in their pool, it was heaven!

Now I'm all burnt and refreshed for this new week!  Fortunately the weather is supposed to be cooler, so maybe I'll actually be able to function and get some stuff done around here.

Today we start a new challenge at Digi Makeover.  It's pretty simple, just select a digi image and color it!  Then add it to your creation and link it up to the blog so we can stop by and visit you!
I ended up working on my card super late last night since we were busy all weekend.  But in the end I think it turned out pretty good.  Matthew suggested a sunset theme, so I used the Scenery image from Paper Makeup.  I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to color it appropriately to really make it shine, but it turned out pretty good.  Reminds me of when we lived in Seattle and we'd watch the sun set over the Olympic mountains.  Was always so gorgeous.

To add a little more detail to the card, I colored up Danny, cut him out and mounted him in front of the image.  I'd sure love the chase dragonflies with that background!

I added a simple brown bow and stamped a sweet sentiment that I thought fit kind of well with the images.  Then a few little paint dots and it was all done!

I hope you will join us this week!  Be sure to visit the rest of the Makeup Artists blogs, they have done a fabulous job with this challenge, I just love working with these ladies!!  <3
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. love blueberries love this card really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! Great scene! Thank you for playing along with the Inky Impressions Challenge!
    Danni-Inky Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - that background looks really good.

    Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete