Mother's Day Hummingbird

Happy Friday!!
I seriously have a love/hate relationship with Friday mornings...I absolutely love that-hello-it's Friday!  For the next 2 mornings, I can stay up till 2 am and sleep in till noon 8 (our cats aren't that generous...don't mess with their breakfast time!)  But at the same time, I hate getting out of my nice warm bed...I just want to lay there and snuggle with my hubby and let the weekend begin.  But I know that can't happen, so I roll out of bed and make him breakfast.  And thus starts my day :)

I figured, since I'm up I should share something with you!  And since I finished this card yesterday, it's perfect for this post.
Isn't that image precious?!  It's Petunias and Hummingbird from Fred She Said and it is so adorable!  I went with a soft pink and white color scheme and I think it really worked for this card.  Pink seems to be a favorite color of mine to use on cards.  Which is weird because I'm not a huge pink fan...

To go with the image, I made up a couple of flowers.  The large one took me a while to work out.  I tried a different style of petunia first and it turned out awful...so I went with a different style.  I used my copics to streak some color through the middle of the layers and then glued them all together with a pearl in the center.

I used my large daisy punch to make the daisy's and added some paint and tiny beads to the centers.  The little pink glittery stamens were supposed to be used in the center of my first petunia, but since that flopped I decided they would work well tucked behind the flowers for a little flourish.
Everything is colored up with my colored pencils and detailed with some stickles.  This card seemed to be a good fit for a mother's day card so I printed out the sentiment and double matted it in the corner.  Gorgeous!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Craft Your Passion #150-All That Glitters
    Crafty Cardmakers #85-Blooming Images
    Delicious Doodles #24-Flowers for Spring
    Digital Tuesday #198-Pink and White
    Fab n Funky #159-Flower Power
    Ladybug Crafts-Pink + 1 (white)
    The Sketchy Challenge #41
    Sentimental Sundays #142-Lace and Pearls

Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card and the image is beautiful. The colours are lovely as well. Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - love how you've coloured the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card and an amazing image and colouring, many thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty,that hummingbird is so cute! Thank you for joining the Ladybug challenge this time, hope you'll join us again on Tuesday when there's the fun of a new release.Have a great weekend, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beyond pretty! Its absolutely gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along at LCI for our Pink +1 challenge and good luck
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely looking card. It's smashing. Thanks for playing with us over at Crafty Card Makers in my blooming challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, love the image and pretty flowers...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous creation, I really love the colors and the way the lace continues past the edge! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge! I hope you join us again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete