Life's a Beach

Aaahhh...rain!  Not that it cleared the stickyness out of the air, but I no longer feel like I'm going to melt into a pile on the floor just by sitting at my computer :)  I will enjoy it while it's here, and I think my kitties are happy for the relief too.

So I'm back today with our new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!!  This week we are challenging you to use a clear element on your creation!  This could be a very fun challenge!  I ran into a snag when coming up with my card plan because originally I didn't think I had anything clear to use.  But as I searched, and dug, and poured things out of drawers, magically I found some!!  Woohoo!
I used the clear element as my card base and built on top of it.  Our fabulous sponsor this week is Inked Treasures.  They have provided the team with some absolutely adorable images to use that are perfect for summer projects!  I have used Beach Bella, isn't she just darling?  I colored her in with my colored pencils and added some glossy accents to her stylin sun glasses.  Then mounted her on a die cut scallop frame with purple paint dot accents around the outside.

I cut out 2 layers for the star, glued them together and inked the edges in purple.  Then I cut out 3 circles in the transparency, lined them up with the star and punched holes in them all to represent a button.  Strung some thin purple ribbon through the holes and cut some small tails.  Then inked around the edges of my printed sentiment and stuck it all down!

I wanted a little more stability at the top of the card so I cut a 1 inch strip and scallop cut one side.  Then scored it down the middle and straddled it over the top fold.  Added another strip of ribbon and some clear gems and that was it!

I hope you will join us this week!  Be sure to swing by Tuesday Throwdown and check out all the other wonderful creations the Design Team has come up with!
We are also having a Design Team call until July 29th so be sure to check out all the information for that in the DT Post.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So Adorable Emily! Love how you colored up this Sweet image and Really loving how you did the sky and sunshine and fun clear elements too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I wasn't sure the sky and sunshine would show up in the picture but I'm glad they did.
      <3 Emily

      Delete