Spoil Yourself!

Happy Monday!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was pretty uneventful and relaxing...I love being able to just snuggle up on the couch with my husband :)

Today's card is one I am so proud of!  I took a little risk with the color combination, but it turned out so awesome!
Originally I had everything lined with green card stock, but that ended up being way, way too much green.  So I took the chance, and switched it to pink, not really knowing how well the green paper would look mounted on pink.  I think it looks fabulous!  The whole card is so girlie but yet the pinkness of it is toned down by the green :)

The image is Bubble Bath from Sassy Studio Designs.  I paper pieced the tub to match the background paper and then colored the rest of the image in with colored pencils.  I added some glossy accents to the bubbles and watch splash.

The layout follows the Sweet Sunday Sketch.  I cut out a scalloped border with my cricut and layered it with a pink dotted paper and white ribbon with a bow.

Then I decorated the interior to match the front.
The sentiments are typed out in word and printed from my computer.  I used my white gel pen and added stitching around the inside panel.

This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Sweet Sunday Sketch #156
    Party Time Tuesdays #63-Water
    Little Red Wagon-Spring Colours
    Paper Crafting Journey #7-3 or more Patterned Papers
    Card Makin Mamas-Make it Girlie
    Delicious Doodles #17-Loads of Layers
    Prairie Fairy #76-Anything Goes
    Stamptacular Sundays #159-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors and it makes me want to stop and relax like the picture. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card hun, lots of lovely layers for us to see! Thanks for playing at Delicious Doodles this time, and good luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and pink and green is a lovely combo. Thank you for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles and hope to see more of your work in the future

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combos, do like green and pink together,
    Thanks for Joining in at Paper Crafting Journey and good luck,
    Lou DT

    ReplyDelete