Flowers and Butterflies!

I'm back with another Mother's Day card!
It was loads of fun making this card!  I think my color focus has shifted to purple now...3 of the last 6 cards I've posted have been purple...oh well!
I started this card by first punching out the border at the bottom with my Martha Stewart page punch.  This card was wonderful in helping me use up a bunch of my random scrap pieces that are just odd sized and difficult to regularly use.  The paper used for the border and butterfly were these long 1 1/4 x 12 inch pieces of paper that I had left over from a Christmas gift...they already had adhesive on the back of them and I didn't realize it until after I punched it...but it worked out great for sticking it down.  The adhesive was already cut to the right shape!
The flowers are cut from templates I made following a few flower designs from the Cricut Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.  I cut several layers, decreasing the sizes as I went, then inked the edges in purple, pinched or rolled them and glued them all together.  The centers are cut from pearled paper and then completed with a small pearl.
I printed off the digi sentiment and wrapped it with a white ribbon and attached a small bow.
The final step was adding all the paint dots.  I'm still practicing my consistency with their size :)

This card is entered in the following challenges:
    Try Stampin' On Tuesday Sketch #59
    The Pink Elephant #141-Butterflies
    Tuesday Throwdown #91-Outside the Box (extend an element outside it's frame)
    Stampin' Sisters in Christ #132-Use Everything!
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done Emily. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty Love the colors. Nice job. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty purple - love all the layers and layers on that flower - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Emily!! I love the wonderful flowers :) Can you email me I have a question for you ?? thanks davi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. I love all the layers on the flower and the little paint dots. I think those are hard to do. Yours look perfect! Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the purple. Thanks for playing along with the TSOT sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Such wonderful layering on the flower, and the butterflies are a great touch. Thanks for sharing this at Tuesday Throwdown. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Love how you used diffent elements to satisfy the sketch. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete