Congratulations Card!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is having a great start to the new year!!  It has been great to get back to my crafts and my regular routine!  But it was also great to take a break and see family for a week.
The card I made today turned out so cute!!
I love the blue color scheme!  And the little birdie digital stamp is just so cute!  I printed him off twice and colored him in blue with a few green feathers for accent.  I embossed the back border with my Spellbinders Flower Silhouette template and then inked some blue on the details to help them stand out.
I tried something new with the sentiment.  I printed it first and then used my new Cricut Lacy Labels cartridge to cut out the frame.  I was surprised that it worked out on my first attempt!  It's even centered in the frame!! The floral embellishments are also cut from the Lacy Labels cartridge.  I glued some jewels in the center of the flowers and inked some dots around the swirls for accents.
I also decorated the interior.
I just love this card!  It was a great way to get back into my cards!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
    Sketches by Carly #47-Sketch
    Through the Craftroom Door #17-Monochromatic
    Critter Sketch Challenge #96-Celebration
    Party Time Tuesdays #49-Something New
    Simon Says-Something New
    Digi Designs Challenge-Show Us Something New
    Pixie Dust Studio #108-Mono-tize it!
Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is absolutely ADORABLE!! Love this fun and happy birdie and your coloring of him too! LOOOOVE your fun flourishes and white dots to highlight... and that strip that goes down into a flower--how COOL is that?!! Thanks so much for your inspiration and for playing at SKETCHES BY CARLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card - the bird looks so excited! love the patterned papers and flourishes. Thank you for joining us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. I love your take on Carly's sketch. Thanks for joining us at SBC
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty :)
    Thanks for joining us for Di's Digi Challenge this time & we hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, very pretty. Thankyou for joining us at Sketches by Carly.
    Shakira

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and I love the birdie image. Thanks so much for playing at DI'S DIGI DESIGNS this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Emily this is beautiful! Love the scroll work and that image is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches by Carly =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craftroom Door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! thanks for playing with us at Sketches By Carly

    ReplyDelete