Criss-Cross Birthday Card

Hello!
Today I want to show you my first challenge creation!  This card is for the Birthday Sundaes Criss-Cross Birthday Card Challenge #26.
I wasn't entirely sure on what to make for this challenge.  I knew I wanted to use the blue card stock and the blue metallic patterned paper but as for the details...that took me a little while to figure out.  So I put together the criss-cross portion of the card (following these instructions), and then it sat on my desk for 2 days while I stewed over what elements to add.

Finally, I picked it up and just started trying things, and I really love how it turned out!  I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the green border, and I cut the cute little dog and balloon from the Cricut cartridge Paper Pups (one of my favorites!).  It's not super elaborate, but I think it is still adorable!

I will definitely be participating in the Birthday Sundaes challenges again.  They are super fun and I am always in need of birthday cards!

I hope you enjoy!
Love,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I love the little pup you added :) Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Welcome to the blogging world! I just started at the end of april this year and am just loving it. Your card is so cute with the dog and balloon, and love your color choice! I am a new follower of yours and would love to have you visit me and follow too! Hugs!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete